The AFP Financial Planning and Analysis Advisory Council (FPAAC) is instrumental in helping AFP deliver content to the membership and community that is insightful, relevant and timely. In the past year, the group shaped the content of events such as the AFP Annual Conference and FinNext 2021, research content including three guides and two surveys, plus a number of webinars and articles.
We are pleased to announce the members of AFP’s 2022 Advisory Council. These members represent a broad cross section of industries, size, and ownership structure, and are selected based on their contributions to the FP&A practice, expertise in specific areas, and desire to contribute to the advancement of their peers.
“AFP does a fantastic job of engaging practitioners and experts to capture the best practices and latest trends, then sharing relevant content with the community across multiple channels,” says 2022 Council Chair Kayla Davis, vice president and head of M&A, ABM Industries. “Serving on this council is an opportunity to compare notes with industry leaders, test assumptions and share key learnings. I am looking forward to serving as chair this year and working with my fellow FP&A members to build on the themes that emerged from 2021!”
New members joining the Advisory Council this year:
- Jenn Belso, Director, Permanent Search, Accounting and Finance, StevenDouglas
- Jamie Dzerve, FPAC, Senior Finance Manager, Verizon
- David Gold, Regional Finance Director, Covetrus (London)
- Joe Groat, FPAC, Director, FP&A, U.S. Steel Corporation
- Mario Vasquez, FPAC, Finance Director, The E.W. Scripps Company
Continuing their service this year:
- Frank Chou, FPAC, CTP, Director, FP&A, Nevada Copper Corporation
- Scott Corvey, FPAC, Vice President of Finance, Consero Global
- Kayla Davis, Vice President, Head of M&A, ABM Industries
- Eric Ellis (past council chair), Vice President, Finance and Strategy, National Restaurant Association
- Camille Felton, FPAC, CTP, Principal Team Lead, Financial Analytics & Automation, Chick-fil-A Corporate
- Ken Fick, Vice President, FP&A, Berkeley Research Group
- Catherine Jirak, Principal and Chief Operating Officer, QueBIT Consulting
- Kristine Karlsen, FPAC, Strategy & Corporate Development Manager, WGL
- Kevin Lennon, FPAC, Associate Vice President, Finance, Aveanna Healthcare
- Betsy MacLean, Board Member, Chairman, Audit Committee, mCloud Technologies
- Nikita Miller, FPAC, Director, FP&A, The Kresge Foundation
- Raja Ramachandran, FPAC, CTP, Director, Global FP&A, Owens & Minor
- Hector Rubalcava, FPAC, Director of Finance, Options Clearing Corporation
- Geetanjali Tandon (past council chair), Vice President, FP&A, CentralSquare Technologies
- Carmen Turner, FPAC, Director, Finance, SwipeSense Inc.
We would also like to offer our sincerest thanks to the following members who have achieved their maximum service terms and are stepping down from the Advisory Council this year:
- Jeff Altman (past council chair), Director, Finance Talent Development, Verizon
- Tracy Butler, CTP, CFO, ePac Flexibles
The Advisory Council was created to provide insight and counsel on what is happening in and across industries and regional markets, and fulfills three main functions:
- Communication. The Advisory Council functions as the “eyes and ears” between AFP and the practitioner community through activities such as relaying topics of interest and providing feedback on the effectiveness and efficiency of AFP activities.
- Thought leadership. The Advisory Council aids in the development of materials for members by providing (when requested) subject-matter expertise; referrals to and connections to expertise; and specific work products as agreed, which may include articles, surveys, guides, research, conference presentations, and webinars.
- Promotion and advocacy. The Advisory Council helps to promote the FP&A profession by describing advancements and best practices in this evolving area of finance.
"Our FP&A Advisory Council members are some of our most engaged and respected members," said Bryan Lapidus, director of the FP&A Practice. "They bring depth and breadth to our content, and keep us focused on providing the most important, timely and applicable skills for the finance practitioner.”
About AFP: AFP is your source for FP&A expertise. AFP also administers the Certified Corporate FP&A Professional designation, which serves as a benchmark of competency in the FP&A profession, and the Certified Treasury Professional designation. AFP hosts the largest educational and networking conference worldwide for corporate financial professionals, and FinNext, the preeminent FP&A conference.